Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Walking in the Rain!

April 23, 2013

Well this week was pretty good, not too much exciting happened but the rainy season started and OH MY GOSH Barranquilla was horribled designed because all the streets are just perfectly made to converge and make huge street rivers. It´s basically just like a flash flood in the streets and very unsafe (Oh these street rain waters are very dirty as in sewer dirty). We took off our shoes to walk through the rivers and we got soaked  walking back to the house, but I thought it was fun.

This week we also had interviews with the president, but traveling to the interviews was the funnest part. We took this big bus called the Transmetro then transferred to another bus to get to the office. Once there the interviews were backed up so we went out contacting for a bit then came back for the interviews. All went good, the president and I just basically talked and then we ended with a prayer, not much really happened.

But traveling back our area was crazy. We took the bus again but had to wait forever for it to come, then when we got to the terminal place it was absolutely packed because everyone was going home from work or school. When our bus arrived everyone turned into savages and were fighting/pushing to just get on the bus. We didn´t get on. So we left to find a taxi, but no one wanted to take us that far so we walked around for a while and finally we found a taxi and at about 8 we got back to our area. Super looong day!

Sunday I gave my first talk and it was great! I was a little nervous because it was the first talk that I had given in spanish, but I rocked it, even cracked some jokes and everyone was laughing (I said that the bishop assigned me to talk about the obedience of the wife to her husband. The bishop almost died, but then I said chiste and everyone laughed!)

Basically that´s kinda it for events that happened this week, but HEY I finally got my Scripture Cases!!!! They look sooo awesome! I´ll send you a pic! I´m probably overreacting but I´m happy! Language is coming along pretty good, I almost know all the words for body parts! Rolling my rrs is still coming along.


We had some really good lessons this week and another really funny. The best one that we had was our investigator Reyla, she´s been super great with reading all the assignments we give her and coming to church, but didn´t have a testimony about the Book of Mormon so we talked to her about praying and receiving an answer through the Holy Ghost and how she can feel the Holy Ghost and on Tuesday when we went to visit her SHE GOT HER ANSWER! Super awesome lesson!! Now she´s more excited for her baptism (May 11th).

One of our funny investigators is Carlos Altamiranda (the old toy story 2 chess playing guy). We´ve taught him alot and talked about the church, the organization of the church and everything. And basically he just keeps telling us how great our church is and how much the Catholic church lacks, but won´t accept a baptismal date although he reads the Book of Mormon every day. He´s a funny old guy, but this week we´re going to crack down and program him for baptism.

Dad to answer some of your questions, in the mission there are about 198 missionaries, in my ward normally about 140 people attend, and North Americans in the mission we don´t exactly know how many but we´re guessing about 40. Things are going better with my comp, we´re working better together and doing better with teachings.

Oh hey and the mail system down here is super lame because I just got a letter from Clint that he sent just after conference, but I haven´t gotten letters from anyone else so please be understanding and don´t get mad if I don´t reply to your letters because chances are that I haven´t received them.

I had a little paper with all the things I was going to talk about but I forgot it in the house so that´s it for this week! This week again we didn´t do anything, but my comp just got money from his fam so next week I think we´re going to the zoo!

Love you all! Abrazos y besos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment