Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter & Birthday Weeks!

April 8, 2013

Hey¡¡ This letter is going to be super awesome and detailed because mom got on me a little bit last week for being a crappy writer so I´m going to be better this time¡ (oh and the exclamation is still lame this week too).

So to start out, this week was kinda so so, it seemed like almost every person that we contacted didn´t want to talk to us so that was a bummer..especially on my birthday... But we had some good lessons with investigators, one of my favorite people here is Carlos, he´s this old Catholic guy that reminds me of the Old guy in the video clip before Toy Story 2. He´s kinda bald, small, and even does the little mouth thing.. It´s really freaky how similar they are, but really funny too.

One really awesome thing that is going down here is a battle between Coca Cola and Postobon (another soda company). Basically all you have to do is take to lids and a empty liter bottle and you get a free Coca Cola or Postobon, depending on what lids an bottle you trade and we really monopolized on that¡ I drank soooo much Coca Cola this week... it isn´t even funny, we´ve just been stocking up on all the lids that we can find, it´s fantastic¡¡

My birthday was a really average day, for lunch Hermana Teresa made arroz con coco and fish and it was so good¡¡ I love that stuff¡¡ Contacting sucked that day though, like I said before, literally no one wanted to talk to us. When we got back to the house we had a little cake and after I blew out the candle the other  savage Elders that I live with attacked me with spuma (foam spray) and silly string. I´m going to try to get the video to you guys so you can understand what happens during birthdays here.

On saturday I received my birthday package and OOOHHHH MMMMYYY GOOOSHHH¡¡¡¡ Family you are great, but that tech deck skate ramp park thing is outragous¡¡¡ But I love it¡¡¡ Also with the yo yo, shirt, pen refilsl and everything¡¡

 Conference was great, saturday we watched in Spanish and I understood basically everything¡¡¡ High five for me¡ and then sunday we watched it in English, which was super awesome, because I like to listen to their voices.
My fan is getting more and more ghetto/sketchy
And to top the week off, yesterday was the 200th birthday of Barranquilla so alot of places in the city were setting off fireworks and it reminded me of the 4th of July. So ya, that´s how my week went. I hope that you are content with it¡¡

Love you¡¡¡¡¡ Abrazos y besos¡¡¡¡


April 1, 2013

Hey!! How´s it going?? I am staying in Barranquilla with my companion Elder Gonzalez.  This week was pretty good, but kinda slow with Semana Santa. No one had school and basically almost everyone left for vacation. But they all celebrate that Jesus died on Thursday, but he really died Friday soo their beliefs are a little bit incorrect.

We had some good lessons this week and had a couple investigators come to church. In the morning today my comp cut his hand on his fan, because it doesn´t have a gaurd on it so we couldn´t really do anything for pday...which sucks...But it just makes me more committed to do something next week!



Love you all! Abrazos y besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment