Thursday, January 23, 2014

Call Me Papi!! New Companion

January 20, 2014


My New Son - Elder Ariza from Bogota, Colombia
What is up everyone?! This week has been pretty great. It started Monday night when I called to verify with the zone leaders and they told me that I needed to go to Barranquilla on Tuesday because I needed to pick up my new comp to train! 

We left in the morning and I got in a van crammed in the back seat with Elder Anderson (Arizona) and Elder White. We arrived in Barranquilla, ate lunch, listened to the assistants and the president, then we got our new companions. 
How we Roll!




My new comp is Elder Ariza. He is from Bogota and is 18 years old. We´ve only had a few days together, but it´s been good working with him. I´m happy to be training and glad that he wants to work. 

After we left Barranquilla we arrived in Cartagena late so we had to sleep on the floor of some other missionaries, then leave early in the morning Wednesday to get back to Turbaco. I don´t like sleeping on floors. The rest of the week we've  been contacting, introducing Elder Ariza to the members and investigators. 

This week we´ve also been working a lot with Carmen and Osvaldo so that they can get married. Turns out that she needs to go get a copy of her divorce paper. She´s going to get that today so they can get married.  Osvaldo´s son just came to live with them so now we´re teaching him too. Hopefully everything works out well so that we can baptize the rest of the family! 
Soccer with some members and investigators

This morning we went to the church and played soccer with some young men and investigators. That was super fun, but I´m really tired. I haven´t done that much running for a while. 

Today for p-day, we´re not going to do much. My comp knows how to cook so he wants to cook lunch... I´m glad he likes to cook because I´m getting tired of fried / scrambled eggs and pancakes.  That´s kinda sums it up for this past week. 

I love you soo much! Shout out to Jon Lemaire for getting baptized! Abrazos y Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment