Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Liseth!!!

June 16, 2013

How´s everyone doing?? This week has been pretty great and a little crazy! Tuesday was the soccer game, Colombia vs Peru, and oh my gosh it was absolutely crazy! The main street/highway that leads to the stadium goes through our area, so it was absolutely nuts!

Then there was a warning out because 3 people were killed, so Tuesday we only went out working from about 7 to 9. This week has been raining a lot, and that means that we have more mosquitos.... which sucks. I wish I had Lolo´s (Lauren Zaharis') super anti- mosquito power because these things are eating my feet off!

This week we had the baptism of Liseth!!! It was great! It´s awesome to see her be baptized and how quickly she has progressed and how much the gospel has changed her life!

Also, Sunday I gave a talk in church. It was all going awesome, I was talking about Agency, but then I looked at the clock on the wall and it said 9:55 and I freaked out and ended quickly because there was still one more person that needed to talk after me. Once I sat down, I looked at my watch and it was only 9:48. The people didn´t get the full message...kinda bummer.

This Wednesday we have transfers so we are all kinda freaking out and guessing who is going to be leaving. I´m pretty sure that I am going to leave and also either Elder Webb or Alvarez too. We´re going to find out tomorrow night so next week I´ll let you know what happened!


On Thursday we had our last conference with President Gaviria and his family. He talked a lot about marriage and also how we can know Jesus better. For example, what kind of things we can do to bring ourselves closer to Him and learn more about Him. It was a great conference and I was able to see a lot of buddies there because it was all of the Barranquilla missionaries!



This pday was pretty much a bust. We wanted to go bowling, so we told the taxi guy where the place was. He got lost and we got to the building late, only to find out that it wasn´t open. We decided to go to McDonalds to eat our pain away. Next we printed some pictures and came back home. So thank you so much Dad and Grampy for your donations for pday, but it looks like that money will be going to another pday in the future (I haven´t taken the money out yet).

So that´s about it! Love you all!! This week should be pretty crazy with transfers! By the way, this picture is like a "normal" Newspaper in Colombia.

Love you all! Abrazos y besos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment