Monday, August 12, 2013

Transfer Time - New Companion - Elder Bastos from Brasil!

August 5, 2013


Me & Elder Davidson
What´s up!! This week has been super crazy. Last pday Elder Davidson and I went to a little street fair to buy some small souvenirs (Something might be headed your way). It was really cool there. We bought a couple of things, a mask and a poncho. 


Me and Elder Ramirez (from Chile) before Transfers.
On Tuesday we had our last district meeting, after which we went out working with the new missionaries, as in brand new first-day in Barranquilla. I went out with another American. He didn´t know a lot of Spanish, very little (kinda like when I got here) so I had do the talking almost all of the time. We just talked a lot about the mission and what will help him out here. 


Paraiso District - District! Hermana Alves, Toscano, Lopez, and Gomez
Elder Me, Ramirez, Palmer, and Bossel
Then, later that night we got transfers! I´m still here in Paraiso but my comp,Elder Ramirez, was transferred. My new comp is Elder Bastos! He is from Brazil, 20 years old and has 7 months in the mission. He´s a good Elder and likes to work. 

So we´ve been working hard out here until it rained last Thursday. It was awful, we even tried using the pity technique (stand out in the rain and contact) because usually people feel badly and then let us in. But that didn't work and no one wanted to talk to us! 

This week has been a little rough, but on Friday we had an intercambio and I got to work with Elder Palmer (from my group) because he needed to have the baptismal interview with Soraya and she passed!! Her baptism this Saturday!!! Super excited! 


Cool street art.
This week should be great. Everything is going well. We're just working hard out here to find new people to teach. It´s been kinda difficult these last couple weeks, but I know we´ll have results!! 

I love you all! Abrazos y besos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment