Monday, September 16, 2013

New Area, New Comp - Turbaco, Colombia!!!

September 17, 2013

What`s up everyone! I got transferred!! I`m back in Cartagena, but in a town about 30 minutes outside of the main city. The town I`m in is called Turbaco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbaco). I came here before for an activity and I hated it, but now I'm actually working out here and I love it.



My new comp is Elder Centon, he is from Peru and has 6 months in the mission. He is pretty new so he doesn`t know all that much about teaching and stuff, but I`m going to work hard with him so he can be awesome.
My Old Modelo Distrito
Sisters Alves, Toscano, Lopez, Gomez, Matarrita, and Vera.  Up top:  Elders Bastos, Palmer, Bossel and Me

The house we are in is super big! It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a big entry room so I finally have plenty of space to organize my things. Also Elder Anderson (from Utah) is my district leader and we`re in the same ward so that`s great. The other Elder Anderson (from Arizona) is the zone leader.
The Awesome Shower Head in my bathroom.

The area that we have is really big and has a lot of hills so I`m beat at the end of the day. The people here are great. They don`t have a ton of money and they are more accepting of the gospel. We have some really great investigators, two of them are probably getting baptized the 28th of this month. One lady Eloisa, she`s a single mom, and loves learning about the and likes the church a lot.
There is a dog that just chills outside our house, I call him Javier.

We are also teaching a kid, Juan David, he`s only 15 but just amazing. He already considers himself a member of the church and is super excited for his baptism. He understands everything that we teach him and remembers it all too.

The only problem that we have in the area is finding houses. Here in Cartagena they don`t use addresses so it`s almost impossible to find where people live. I`m excited to be out here and pumped to get working. I love the people in this area and know that we can have a lot of success. I love you all!

Abrazos y besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment