Monday, April 7, 2014

La Popa & Possibly Last Week in Turbaco

April 7, 2013

This week has been pretty great! We have been working a lot with the members and were able to leave with quite a few to go on visits. 

The Turbaco District:  Elder Otteson, Ribeiro, Ariza, Me
Hermana Quiroz, Quiroz (yes the same last name)
It´s still pretty hot here... we are hearing that parts of the town don't have water because there is a drought, but our house has water for now so we´re all good. 

Saturday, my birthday morning, was very stressful because we arrived at the church about 20 minutes before conference was going to start and there wasn´t anything set up. We spent forever running around taking out the computer, cables, sound systems, the projector, everything that we needed for the conference. In the end we didn´t get to watch the morning session, but we got everything fixed up for the rest of the Saturday and Sunday's sessions. 

I'm Batman!
I really liked conference! (especially because we enjoyed the AC :). The talks were really great. I especially liked the priesthood talks about how we need to be better and how we all have heroes or people that we look up to, but also that we should push ourselves so that we can be the heroes of others. 

Crammed into a Cab.
Blue Lips - Stained
Also, in between the afternoon sesh and the priesthood sesh,  the missionaries in the district bought me a batman cake! It was really good, but the blue frosting stained our lips and teeth. After the festivities I had a baptismal interview with an investigator of the sisters. 

Sunday everything went smoothly with the conference and afterwards Luisel had another cake ready for us and dinner! 

Today for pday we went to La Popa. I¨ve been there a couple of times before, but it´s super cool. It´s a church on a hill in the center of the city. You can see all around the city from the top, it´s really sweet. 

Fashion Master
Turbaco Ward Members
While we were up there another 2 missionaries came, but they didn´t know that they  needed to make a little contract with their taxi driver to wait for them. So they didn´t have a way down (walking takes a long time and it´s a little sketchy) They crammed in the little taxi with us. 

Me & My Comp Elder Ariza
Me & The Pope @ La Popa
This Wednesday will be transfers and I'm pretty sure that I´m going to be leaving Turbacco since I have served about 7 months in this area. I could go back to Cartagena, Barranquilla or I could go to Santa Marta or Valledupar also, but I have no idea.  I´m trying to bug some of my buddies that know, but they aren´t budging!  Excited to find out what will happen. Well that's it for this week. 
Happy birthday to me!
#isitinyou

I love you all! Abrazos y besos!








No comments:

Post a Comment