Monday, May 5, 2014

Life's a Beach!

Cinco de Mayo - 2014


Yo Soy Colombiano!

This week has been going pretty well overall. We`ve still been working quite a bit with the members and going on visits with them. Last Sunday in our Ward Council we talked about choosing a family to visit for the week. They chose a family less active in our area and did a lot of visits to the family and in the end they all came to church yesterday. 

 
 












One thing that has been a bummer this week is the heat. It`s been getting really hot, but hopefully this means that it is going to rain soon. A big bummer yesterday was when the power went out in a large part of the city. We were without power for a few hours, but luckily it came back on just in time to sleep at 10:30. 

We had some investigators come to church yesterday,but they need to get married so we`ll be working with them more so that they can put a ring on it. They are both reading and praying and know that the Book of Mormon is true so they are good there. 


Today we had the awesome opportunity to go to a national park called Parque Tayrona which is basically just pure jungle and beaches!!! We went with 10 missionaries from the city. The rule is that you can only go once because it`s kind of expensive and far away. It was really awesome! 

 Traveling time took about 50 minutes to get there in a bus, then another 10 minutes in a van, and lastly our 1:30 walk....soo long....but SOOO WORTH IT! I miss the beach soo much. It was fantastic, but such a bummer that we can`t go in the water. We went walking around on the beaches, napped in a hammock, played some soccer and got super burnt! It was great. 


We left at 6 in the morning and got back at 4:30 so it took up all our day...which means I haven`t had time to wash :( My feet are really sore from walking. That`s about it for this week.

Things w/ Elder Quispe are going well.  He's a little homesick at times, but he's a great kid.  I was able to see Elder Bautista at Parque Tayrona - he only has 2 weeks left in his mission!  I can't believe that I only have 2 months left - it's gone fast, but it's also been a long time too.
Elder Bautista and I
Ya, one thing that I want you to know is that I want to give up xbox as in please don`t buy me xbox games. I`ll still play with friends every once in a while, but I don`t want to waste my time in front of the tv. The Nintendo DS is fine, but help me with this?


I`m pumped to Skype with the family next Sunday!!!! I`ll be on at 3 my time!! Abrazos y besos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment