Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In Colombia!!! First Letter from Bogotá MTC


August 22, 2012

This has been a really big week, we finally made it to Colombia! The flight was really long, but very worth it. It was a bummer saying goodbye to my old district though, we have spent so much time together and had so much fun together. 

On Monday night we did compliment circle for Elder Herrick, Moss and I. Us three that were leaving went around the room and gave a compliment to each person, then each person gave us a compliment. It was really cool to see how each person has effected me and helped me learn and grow.

Colombia has been super overwhelming so far. When we first landed we got through customs and found our bags fine, but as we were walking out the doors of the airport, there was just a huge swarm of people waving signs and yelling, easily over a hundred people. People were driving crazy everywhere, reminded me of New York again, but more sketchy. 

A member found us and loaded us into the van to take to the MTC and he only spoke Spanish. We tried to communicate with him as well as we could, it kinda worked. We got to the MTC around 10:00 p.m. There are only about 90 missionaries, only 20 Americans, at this one, so a little step down from over 2,000. There is only two stories and half the building is a stake center.  

Today we had p day and went to the temple in the morning, the Bogota temple is really cool, but I felt totally lost with the only Spanish part.  We came back and had lunch, which was 30 times better than in Provo, then played vollyball for a couple hours. I know I will learn Spanish a lot faster here with everyone speaking it. 

Its been a big last few days but hopefully being down here I will be able to learn Spanish alot quicker. I was glad I got to talk you on the phone at the airport! I love you! Abrazos y besos!

Some pictures biking last summer in NYC.  

{The reason we haven't posted any mission pics is that we don't have any!  Nathan has sent 3 SD cards, and they have been damaged or the envelops arrived empty & we have zippo, zero, nada!  Totally bummed, but hope to get it figured out and some photos soon!}


No comments:

Post a Comment