Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Missing Hali

May 27, 2013

That´s really sad about Hali, she was an absolutely amazing dog and I´m going to miss her a lot. I was thinking about her a lot and a quote came into my head.  Someone was talking to the prophet Joseph Smith a little bit after one of his favorite horses died. The man asked something along the lines of whether or not his horse would be in heaven and Joseph responded ´I can´t imagine heaven without him´. Just something that I remembered and gives me a happy thought.
Nug the day he left home for his Mission with Hali.

So this past week was good and kinda rough. Rough because we spent a lot of time contacting, but didn´t get much out of it. We were really tired at the end of the days and a little discouraged, but we got over it and we´re ready to take on this week.

Last Monday we had a family night with the Bishop, his family, and Reyla. It was really fun!! I made hamburgers and the others played pass the pigs.
Family Night - Armando, Nug, Reyla, Bishop, Ester, Brian, Elders Alvarez, Briceño & Webb

Also last Monday I called the health secratary about my toes.....ya, I´m having problems again. The nails that the doctor took off are growing back, but ingrown.. so they hurt and are pussing. Today when I go the office to pick up my package, I´m going to have him look at my toes so we can figure out what to do.

Elder Molina, Elder Norberg & Elder Mañuico
This week it has been raining quite a bit which makes it hotter and more humid :( The worst was Tuesday night, because it was raining so much that the power went out.  I was sweating, and trying to sleep when I remembered that Mom sent me the most amazing gift!!... A mini fan!! So I took that out of my bag and it saved my life!! ( Thank you mom).







Also, another problem that we had this week is that my comp got an ear infection.  He can´t really hear out of his right ear and we have to put some drops in his ear every 3 hours and then he stays with his head sideways for 20-30 minutes, ... that kinda kills our schedule during the day.

Nug with Elder Fisher
We had some really good lessons with Reyla and Leslie.  We´re really working hard with them so that they can have their baptisms this Saturday. Also, Liseth and Loren are still doing great. They are reading the Book of Mormon, the pamphlets and praying! Super Awesome! That´s been kinda it for this week, nothing super big happened, but super pumped for the baptisms.

Nathan & his Trainer - Elder De Los Santos
Love you all!!! Abrazos y besos!!

Update: Since I wrote this message earlier this morning,  I've been to the office to pick up my package and it´s great!! Loved the letters and super happy to have the new dvds! Thanks family!! Also, I spoke with the health secretary and basically he told me that my toes suck and we´re going to go to the clinc on Wednesday to get them checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment