Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Days! Dunk Me In the Water!

March 17, 2014

Well this week has been pretty great! We had a zone meeting on Tuesday then a zone conference (with president) on Thursday. 

Carmen & Osvaldo - Baptism!

On Tuesday we got mail! I received a card and a book from Grandma and Grandpa Allred! Thanks so much, the book is really great! It has a lot of ideas about how to be a member missionary. I´m going to try to use some of the ideas in that book with the members here. 

Also on Saturday there were two baptisms and I had to do a baptismal interview so this week has been a little busy. Luckily some clouds are starting to roll in and it isn´t as crazy hot as before, but still waiting for the rain to come. I´m fine with it not raining because it totally kills the day, making everything muddy and flooded. Also my umbrella died back in my first area (don´t know if I told you that) so I just get wet. 

Everything is going well with my comp, I can´t believe that this transfer is halfway over. During the zone conference the missionaries that are leaving in the next two transfers shared their testimonies. It freaked me out because I knew a lot of them and that means the next zone conference I´m going to be doing the same thing! 

Carmen & Osvaldo's kittens

Javier
This Saturday preparing for the baptism was a lot less stressful than the wedding. Everything went smoothly, Oswaldo was able to baptize Carmen which was an amazing experience for the two of them. Carmen also shared her testimony and it made me so happy to see how the gospel and the church have made a huge difference in her life. Before she ´knew´ the doctrine, but didn´t know how to apply it in her life, but now has felt a peace in her life and happiness that she didn´t have before. Awesome. 

Cartagena Zone World Cup Team
Right after the baptism I interviewed one of the sister missionary's investigators, she passed the interview fine, and right before we were about to finish, she asked me who would baptize her. I told her that she could choose whoever she wanted...she chose me. So I'm going to be baptizing Heidy this Saturday for the Sisters. 

Apparently this is a Problem
Today for pday we went to Cartagena to play soccer with the zone. It was really fun, although there was one elder there (from Honduras) that thought it was a professional game and was drilling the ball with all of his soul. I didn´t like playing goalie...No one thinks that Americans can play soccer - so I try to show off my skills.  Often I use my body to keep them off me and to counter all their fancy-pants footwork.

Well that´s it for this week! I love you all! 

Abrazos y Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment