Monday, November 26, 2012

Happiest Day Yet!

This week was awesome! Got two baptisms! and found some new investigators who are really awesome! For the baptisms we had scheduled Isabel, but Pedro (The dad of the family we baptized my first week here) wanted to get baptized so we baptized him too. I baptized Pedro and Isabel was baptized by her son Alex. Saturday was my happiest day here. 

We´ve been having trouble finding interested people here, but this last week we found a family and a few others that I think will progress. Also we had 5 investigators come to church on Sunday, I was soo happy. It sucks sitting in the chapel without any investigators there. Super happy to see them walk in. 

Nothing much happened this week, lessons have been good, trying to learn better ways to teach, the language is coming along. I can understand alot, but I can´t just talk about whatever I want to I get frustrated sometimes. 

Right now it´s raining and the thunder is so loud, it shook the building. We had an activity with all the missionaries in the area where we go to a ward that has a lot of less active people and we go visit them. I was miserable. The people lived hecka far away from the church, we walked forever to get to the first house, then wandered around for 30 minutes trying to find the other houses and the entire time my toe was killing and the member we were with kept grabbing my shoulder and asking my how I was, but I was just sweaty and sticky so I wasn´t appreciating him touching my arm. 

Three things I learned this week:  Families are amazing, Baptisms are awesome, and we need to contact ´new´ places in our area. Also a ton of people used the word "viejo" this week.

Ya, that´s about it for this week. Really good week, super happy. Love you all! Abrazos y besos!  

No comments:

Post a Comment